CREATE-BEST is pleased to invite you to the Mobile App Development Workshop! a 4-day workshop for beginners in Android programming that will get you into the mobile app design world!
The Basic Mobile App Development course targets participants that have basic experience in programming. You will learn about the basics of Android App development, using built-in sensors, and data storage in Android
- Basic programming experience.
- Download the latest version of Android Studio here
Classes will take place online from Monday November 8 to Thursday November 11 between 7 PM and 8 PM:
- Mon Nov 8, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Module 1: Introduction to Android Studio, setup the environment, and setup the emulator.
- Tue Nov 9, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Module 2: Creating the first android app with “Hello world”, setup the layout, add elements and controls, and the overall design.
- Wed Nov 10, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Module 3: Dealing with Android activities, activity lifecycle state change, and creating a simple calculator.
- Thu Nov 11, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Module 4: Creating SqLite database, contents inserting, updating, deleting, and displaying.
Online: Register below to get a link.
About the instructor
Mohammad Alnabhan. Ph.D candidate in school of engineering at the University of Ottawa. He is a Microsoft certified technology specialist (MCTS). He has over 7 years of experience in website and mobile applications development along with developing many real-time systems. He is currently a data scientist and artificial intelligence researcher with a focusing in building machine learning models for securing online video games. During his time at the University of Ottawa, Mr. Alnabhan had prepared and taught many Android applications development courses and workshops with the CREATE-BEST organization.